NIT-SILCHAR ALUMNI ASSOCIATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Community Content Policy
- Copyright Policy
The following Content Policies are the shared values of the REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Asociation community. This portal is a place where users can express their own beliefs and values, and our Content Policies help foster a positive environment. These policies are a living document that apply to all contents of this Portal, found in both profiles and communities, and will change based on the needs of the broader community and the tools available, so we encourage you to review them frequently.We consider these Content Policies seriously and ask you to respect them. As members of REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Association, you have certain responsibilities to yourselves and to each other.
How report abuseIf you believe that someone is violating this policy, use the report abuse option on either the person's community or profile page. If you report an issue, we'll review your report and take action if appropriate. Not all reports result in removal. While we encourage users to take full advantage of their profiles and communities on this Portal to share ideas freely with one another, we have limitations on certain content and behavior.
Nudity or sexually explicit materialWe don't allow nudity, graphic sex acts, or sexually explicit material. We also don't allow content that drives traffic to commercial pornography sites or that promotes pedophilia, incest, or bestiality. Our policy have zero-tolerance against child pornography, including animated or graphic cartoon images of child pornography.If it comes to our attention that this type of content exists, we will disable your profile and remove the content. We are also obligated to report it and its owners to the appropriate authorities. We also reserve the right to remove profiles of convicted or registered sex offenders as determined or required by applicable laws.
Malicious contentWe do not allow content whose sole purpose is to injure and damage someone's reputation by making malicious personal attacks without any political, professional or social commentary.
Violent behaviorDon't threaten, harass, or bully other users. We encourage our users to try to work out disputes with others on their own. In cases of serious threats we will take action. Note that we do not allow violent text or images promoting animal cruelty.
Hate speechWe don't allow the promotion of hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
ImpersonationWe don't allow impersonation of others or other behavior that is misleading or intended to be misleading. Users can submit an impersonation report at anytime.
Private and confidential informationWe don't allow unauthorized publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, national identification numbers, passport numbers, driver's and other license numbers, or any other information that is not publicly accessible. To protect your own privacy and your confidential information, be careful not to share any private or confidential information with others.
CopyrightWe will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Kindly visit the Copyright Policy.
Illegal activitiesThis Portal should not be used for unlawful purposes or for promotion of dangerous and illegal activities. If found engaging in such activity, we may terminate your account, notify law enforcement authorities, or take other appropriate action as may deem fit in the context.
Spam, malware, and phishingWe don't allow transmission of malware, viruses, or anything that may disrupt service or harm others. Spam is also prohibited and may include: undesired advertising, the use of automated means to perform actions such as creating new profiles, sending scraps, messages, invitations, or creating communities, etc. Malicious scripts and password phishing scams are also not allowed.
Under the laws of most countries, copyright is the legal right that protects original works of authorship, such as books, music, film and art. In most countries, copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems or methods of operation. Some of these may be protected by other rights. Generally, copyright does not protect facts and ideas, but it may protect the original words or images that express that idea.
We encourage users to take full advantage of this Portal to post and share their own information freely. You may post images copied from any photo album or another photo site only if they are within the public domain or you have the rights to use these images. Also, users should not post other copyrighted material in their profiles or communities. We comply with The Copyright Act,
1957 of India, including all its subsequent amendments together with forthcoming amendments and all other relevant law in this regard, and promptly remove content if we receive a formal copyright complaint as described below.
Before filing a complaint, we suggest you attempt to contact the individual who posted the copyrighted information on this Portal to request that he or she remove it.
To submit an official copyright complaint, you must own the copyright to the material in question or be authorized by the copyright holder to act on their behalf. You must clearly identify the material in question and provide us with the URL (web address) of the page on which it appears on this Portal.
If you own the copyright to material that you see in an external link or video, keep in mind that this content is imported from other sites, so kindly report copyright violations to the original source of the content.
We aim to make an open and transparent community, which we believe will create greater understanding and connection. We promote openness and transparency by giving individuals greater power to share and connect, and certain principles guide us in pursuing these goals. Achieving these principles should be constrained only by limitations of law, technology, and evolving social norms. We therefore establish these Principles as the foundation of the service rights and responsibilities of those within this Portal service.
Freedom to SharePeople should have the freedom to share whatever information they want, in any medium and any format, and have the right to connect online with anyone - any person, organization or service - as long as they both consent to the connection.
Information FlowPeople should have the freedom to access all of the information made available to them by others.
EqualityEvery person should have representation and access to distribution and information within this Portal, regardless of the Person's primary activity. There should be a single set of principles, rights, and responsibilities that should apply to all people using this Portal.
Social ValuePeople should have the freedom to build trust and reputation through their identity and connections, while honouring respective social values.
TransparencyAll information about purpose, plans, policies, and operations of this Portal shall be made public. A process of notice and comment and a system of voting to encourage input and discourse on amendments to these Principles shall be made available.
One WorldThe services of this Portal should transcend geographic and national boundaries and be available to every registered member of this Portal around the world.
We receive different types of information about you, including:
- Registration information such as your name, email address, birthday, gender etc.
- Information you choose to share such as your posts, photos, comments etc.
- We receive data about you whenever you interact with this Portal such as send or receive a message, search for a friend etc.
- When you post things like photos or videos on this Portal.
- We receive data from the computer or other device you use to access this Portal. This may include your IP address and other information about things like your internet service, location, the type (including identifiers) of browser you use, or the pages you visit.
- We may get data from our advertising partners, customers and other third parties who help us (or them) in delivering ads, understand online activity, and generally make this Portal better.
How we use the information we receiveWe use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the applications and websites you use. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep this services and integrations safe and secure
- to protect REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Association or others' rights or property
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you
- to make suggestions to you and other users on this Portal based on you and your friends activity in this Portal
- for achieving objectives of the REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Association, your Name, Official Address for Correspondence, Contact Phone No., E-mail, and Current Designation and Affiliation, may be shared by the Portal Management Committee with any or all registered members of the REXIAN-NIT Silchar Association (including prospective Alumni) and your Alma Mater, if need arises.
- for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide current service, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your faith, belief and trust in us are important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission;
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices.
This Terms of Service, Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "TSRR") is based on the Principles of Equality, Freedom and Transparency (PEFT), and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with this Portal. By using or accessing this Portal, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 5 below.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on this Portal, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with this Portal (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people of REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Association, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about this Portal, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep this Portal safe, but we cannot guarantee it. You help us to keep this Portal safe by abiding to the Community Content Policy, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam).
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access this Portal, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing etc. on this Portal.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use this Portal to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of this Portal, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Facebook functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
Users of this Portal shall provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use this Portal if you are not an Alumnus of REC/NIT Silchar and a member of REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Association.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on this Portal that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on this Portal if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our Community Content Policy page.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, without our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on this Portal.
- We can change this Statement if we provide you notice (by posting the change on this Portal) and an opportunity to comment.
- We will give you a minimum of seven day notice. Comments to proposed changes will be made on this Portal only.
- If more than 50% of registered users post a substantive comment on a particular proposed change, we will also give you the opportunity to participate in a vote in which you will be provided alternatives. The vote shall be binding on us if more than 75% of vote is casted in favour of the alternative; else initially proposed change takes over and shall be implemented.
- If we make changes to policies referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on this Portal.
- We can make changes for legal or administrative reasons, or to correct an inaccurate statement, upon notice without opportunity to comment.
- In case of any ambiguity/non-conclusion arising regarding amendments, non-resolvable by any of the aforementioned means even after appropriate number of retries, decision of the Portal Management Committee shall be full and binding on all the registered users of this Portal.
- Your continued use of these Portal following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of this Portal to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, and 7-9.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or this Portal exclusively in a court located in the State of Assam, INDIA. The laws of The Information Technology Act, 2000 and all its subsequent amendments including forthcoming amendments, will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the courts located in the State of Assam, INDIA for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on this Portal, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on this Portal and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on this Portal. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on this Portal. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of this Portal.
- WE TRY TO KEEP THIS PORTAL UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THIS PORTAL AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE PORTAL WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE PORTAL WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. THIS PORTAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR THIS PORTAL, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- By "Portal" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.rexnitsaa.org and any other branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) plugins such as the Share button and other similar offerings and (c) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with this Portal.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post on this Portal that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from this Portal or provide to this Portal.
- By "post" we mean post on this Portal or otherwise make available by using this Portal.
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "registered user" we mean a user who has logged into this Portal at least once.
- This Statement is an agreement between you and REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Association, Silchar. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean REXIAN-NIT Silchar Alumni Association, Silchar.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding this Portal, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing this Portal.